As part of the EU LIFE Peatlands and People project (https://peatlandsandpeople.ie/), we are facilitating conversations on what should be included in the world-class sustainable visitor attraction under development in Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands. Set on the peatlands, this visitor attraction will be a transformative hub and feature a climate solutions and sustainability showcase and an exhibition centre for community, ecological and economic change. The visitor experience aims to be a place of fun, discovery and immersion for all sectors and age groups where they will be brought on a journey of hope and agency towards sustainable living and respect for the natural world.
As one of the key stakeholders working in the region, we invite you to join us at one of the in-person consultations. Refreshments will be provided. By participating you will:
- Ensure your voice is heard as one of the key stakeholders
- Help shape the development of a world-class sustainable visitor attraction
- Help shape the development of the proposed concept
- Hear about the initial feasibility work done to date
- Ensure the attraction aligns with wider developments in the region.
If you are interested in attending, please register for one of the below dates. We would ask that only two representatives from each community organisation register – additional community consultations are planned for a later date to include press and the wider community.
- Athlone Springs Hotel, Thursday October 27th: Register here: https://bit.ly/3SGpthd
- Tullamore Court Hotel, Tuesday November 15th: Register here: https://bit.ly/3M80OPX
- Longford Arms Hotel, Thursday November 24th: Register here: https://bit.ly/3e3bFOR
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com
Looking forward to meeting you,
Prof Christine Domegan, Dr Tina Flaherty, Finola O’Mahony and Joe McKenna.