Westmeath Sports Partnership and Westmeath County Council have secured funding from the Department of Transport to support cycling events during National Bike Week 2022.
Schools, Clubs, Community Group/ Organization and Local Businesses are invited to apply for funding to organize their own FREE Bike Week event during Bike Week 2022.
The scale and scope of your National Bike Week event is up to each applicant, however, applications that focus on the following event criteria will be prioritized:
- The event MUST take place during 14th to 22nd of May 2022
- The Event must be FREE to take part in.
- Fun Cycles (5k, 10k 30k etc)
- Recreational/Leisure Cycling events focusing on including non-club members, the lapsed cyclist, families, beginners etc.
- Slow Bike Races, Cycling Obstacle Courses, Nature Cycles, Cycle to School Days (particularly Wednesday 15th which is COW (Cycling on Wednesdays)), Lunch Time Cycles, Cycling Games and Activities, Cycle To Work.
- Focus on inclusion, non-competitive, community focus, family, local school participation
- Link with National event dates – Family Cycle 14th & 15th May , Bike to Work and Cycle to School 18th May.
Interested in organising a Bike Week Event?
- Funding Criteria and Application details for Clubs, Community Groups & Organisations
- Funding Criteria and Application details for Schools
- Funding Criteria and Application details for Employers 2022
- The maximum amounts are available per Club, Community Group & Organization is €500
- The maximum amounts are available per school is €300
- The maximum amounts are available per Local Business is €200
How to Apply
To apply please complete the online application form (linked below). Closing date for applications is Midday, Monday 11th April.
The application is online and will take approximately 9 minutes to complete . For the full list of questions see below.