Brief: EirGrid Energy Citizens Roadshow
EirGrid, the state-owned operator and developer of the national electricity grid. EirGrid has been tasked with transforming the grid to meet the Government target of up to 80% of electricity consumption coming from renewable sources by 2030.
Following on from our 2021 consultation - ‘Shaping Our Electricity Future’ to seek views and input from all sectors of society and industry about grid development, a commitment was made to establish citizens roadshows across the country. EirGrid is now set to roll out their energy citizens roadshows nationally after three successful events in Donegal and Sligo at which over 300 people attended.
The events to date have had two distinct sections:
- Exhibition space: Where exhibitors such as One-stop-shops, energy-upgrade suppliers, local development companies, public participation networks, the IFA and others have provided advice or education on the energy transition. Panellists would also host an exhibition space.
- Panel presentations: A panel made up of EirGrid, SEAI, ESB Networks and a fourth body focused on regional energy development presented information and fielded questions from attendees.
- EirGrid addressed the future electricity transmission grid needs in the region.
- SEAI addressed high level home energy upgrades, sustainable energy communities and business upgrades.
- ESB Networks addressed their National Network Local Connections programme and microgeneration opportunities in particular.
- The Western Development Commission presented information on the regional development opportunities that the renewable energy transition presents for communities.
The event is taking place from 6.30pm to 8.30pm in Bloomfield House Hotel Mullingar roadshow on Wednesday 28th September 2022.